The LaBatt family welcomes Savina Grace!

The LaBatt family welcomes Savina Grace!

Having three daughters is wonderful

Friday, June 3, 2011
This morning three girls climbed in bed with me to snuggle.  How did I get to be so blessed?  Savina is so wonderful, sweet, and affectionate. 
Leaving the orphanage yesterday, she had a good sob.  To let go of everything known...that is hard.  She received so much love and care there...to step into the big unknown world with (almost) strangers...that is not easy.  We cried with her, held her, and comforted her. 
By the time the taxi arrived at the office where we signed more papers, she was again smiling.  By the time we arrived to the apartment, she was again laughing and playing.
She loved her dinner, eating her hamburger and rice, and even having seconds.  She offered to help with the dishes and cleaned up her spot at the table.  The girls played more, and then at bedtime she wanted a story.  By the time I finished reading, she was fast asleep.
What an amazing thing it is to adopt!  My mind can barely comprehend what is happening...I haven't been able to just sit and process what is happening since we arrived.  It's just beyond what I can believe. 

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth said...:

    So amazingly happy for you!! I feel like I am right there with you! Hug the girls for me today!!

  1. lvjstcmrcy said...:

    Rhonda-so happy to hear things are going well for your family. My girls are "following" perhaps we can skype at some point for Savina to see other girls who are adjusting to life in the states. Whatever we can do to support you all.